Any medical practitioner having been certified, as an Interventional Cardiologist by the Society pursuant to the Certification Rules may become a member of the Society subject to payment of membership fee as prescribed by the Membership Rules of the Society and as approved by the Council.
Provided that all existing members of the Society who fulfill the criteria of certification under the Certification Rules shall continue to be members of the Society from the day their individual membership was obtained.
- Full member-with all privileges and voting rights.
- Associate members- All member privileges except voting rights.
- Honorary member – Senior clinical cardiologists with interest in interventional cardiology/International interventional experts with no voting rights.
Certification Criteria For Membership In Society
- FCPS in interventional cardiology or equivalent training – Diplomat American Board of Interventional Cardiology/ UK certified or certification abroad in any other country with documentation and certification of number of cases performed during training by the head of the Institute/Program Director.
- FCPS cardiology/or equivalent with at least 5-years of active practice in interventional cardiology with minimum of 100 independent documented/certified interventional cases per year in last 2 years duly certified by the respective HOD or head of institute.
- FCPS in Medicine/MRCP/FRCP with 15 years experience in practicing cardiology out of which 5 years of active practice in interventional cardiology with minimum of documented/certified 100 cases per year in last 2 years.
- Physicians who possess FCPS in cardiology/Diplomat American Board of Cardiology or UK or any other international equivalent certified training in cardiology and no interventional Cardiology experience may become associate member without voting or candidature rights.
- All trainees in interventional cardiology may apply for associate membership.
- Physicians who may not have attained any membership/fellowship post MBBS or possess MRCP/FCPS in Medicine and have been actively involved in cardiology/interventional cardiology practice with over 15 years of experience may also apply for honorary membership subject to approval by the council.
- International interventional experts.
- All previous members will be required to submit fresh applications online for membership of PSIC. The purpose is to update the current status of full members. No fresh membership fee is required
- All new applicants, in all 3 categories, are required to submit lifetime membership fee of Rs. 10,000 to be paid in the form of a cheque / pay order / bank draft payable to:
A/C Title “Pakistan Society of Interventional Cardiology Online payments may be made to following bank details:
A/C Title “Pakistan Society of Interventional Cardiology”
Dubai Islamic Bank
Gulshan Branch, Karachi
A/C # 0515880001
IBAN # PK07DUIB000000515880001
Branch Code: 16
Swift code: DUIBPKKA
Email the payment receipt at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The cheque along with under taking document ( to be downloaded at the end of membership registration) should reach at the following address:Gen. Secretary PSIC,
Office # 1602, High-Q Tower,
Gulberg-V Jail Road,
Phone Number 042 32317355
- Upon attaining the criteria for full membership, the associate members would be supposed to reapply online for full membership of PSIC . No new fee would be required
- Membership list of PSIC will be updated on website regularly.